Skip to main content

Sorry on Blogrolling

I have an apology to make to a bunch of my blog friends.

A week ago I whined that it looked like no one was blogrolling me.

Since then, I've had two people showing up in blogrolling. But that is not why I need to say sorry.

I'm sorry for putting too much importance on having people linking back to me.

I'm also very sorry to a number of friends that have blogrolled me, but *I* messed up seeing that they linked to me.
I suddenly realized when I was on blogrolling, that I had another URL pointing to this blog. I gave out the link: http://blog.kah731.com to a number of people, especially earlier on. It is just a hidden frame that points to the blogger server for my blog: http://kah731.blogspot.com.
When I typed in the blog.kah731.com, I saw another friend that has been blogrolling linking me for a long time. Then I took a page from blogshares, which sometimes catalogs a site both with and without the trailing slash in the URL. When I took the slash off, I had more friends linking me.

Boy do I have egg on my face. I'm so sorry to all my friends that I should not have judged in the first place, and sorry again that I mis-judged you.
And I think most of it is my own fault for putting different URLs when commenting on other blogs.

Here are all the wonderful people who link to me via blogrolling:
From http://blog.kah731.com/:
http://tanksgrrl.blogspot.com
From: http://blog.kah731.com:
http://www.anna-banana.net/mt/
http://www.nelsonfamily.org/cheryl/
http://salascove.com/phototime.html
http://www.hey-lisa.com
From: http://kah731.blogspot.com/:
http://www.littlebits.org
http://aurorealis.com

And that is just the people who use blogrolling to link back to me.
It would probably take at least another half hour to find and report on all the great people who link to me by other methods.

My blog-friends and linkers: Please accept my apologies and thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...