Skip to main content

7-11 Parking

After voting yesterday, we stopped by 7-11 to get some coffee.

It was then that I noticed something that really bothered me about most every 7-11 I've been to.

Tight little parking spaces to pull in out front.

You feel very closed in going into the spaces. You worry about hitting your door on the next persons car, and about their doors hitting yours.

But it didn't really hit me until I was trying to leave. There were people going between the cars. There were cars pulling in, looking for parking spaces. And I was trying to navigate out between a pickup truck and a minivan. It was difficult and uncomfortable to get out.

It was then that I realized one of the reasons that I didn't like going into 7-11. The small, limited, tight parking spaces are a mental retardant.

I immediately realize what was needed. 7-11 has a very high flow of customers. What they need is a little more parking. And the parking should be pull through. That way you don't have to back out, or work against incoming traffic.

And I suppose this applies to more than 7-11. It goes for any fast-service convenience store that has tight, head-in parking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, maybe the parking-lot makers don't know that the vehicles in Colorado are much larger than in other states. =)

Michelle
www.girlandgeek.com

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...