2004-07-08

Amber Alerts Ticker

codeamber.org provides a web page ticker, and a desktop ticker. I have added the web page ticker to my blog. You should see it above the first post.



In case you don't know, an Amber alert is when a child is in danger - usually a kidnap case. An Amber alert helps get the notice out to the community quickly. This allow more people to keep an eye out in critical situations.

For some reason when I publish the amber alert ticker, the background (yellow) only fills the right half. How annoying!

1 comment:

lisa said...

I thought Amber Alerts were common knowledge, but the other day I was driving on a highway with my friend, and when we saw an Amber Alert sign, I said something about how we should look for the car. He had no idea what I was talking about, and I had to explain the whole concept to him.