Skip to main content

Ocean Pictures

My father and Step Mother live in Florida, in the Fort Myers/Sanibel area. So I've been down there a few times since I starting taking digital pictures. Here is my collection of Ocean related pictures from the area over the years. I will be submitting them to Photo Friday as seen on Hey-Lisa's site.

All of the pictures have a larger size if you click on them.


2004-05-30 - Water Walk in Fort Myers

2004-05-29 - Fort Myers Channel - Follow the leader with boats

2003-12-20 - Seagull on Seaweed on Fort Myers Beach

2003-12-20 - Fort Myers Beach (a year later then next picture set) - Fort Myers Pier in distance

2002-12-17 - View along Fort Myers Beach from Hotel Balcony

2002-12-17 - Water-Para-Skier, with a smiley face, off Fort Myers Beach

2002-12-17 - Drip Castle, Fort Myers Beach


2002-12-16 - Seagulls in flight, Fort Myers Beach

2002-12-16 - Footprints along Fort Myers Beach

2002-12-16 - Treasure hunter, Fort Myers Beach

2002-12-16 - Bird Pearching on railing of Fort Myers Beach Pier, Some of Fort Myers and Sanibel causway across the bay

2002-12-16 - View along shore from Fort Myers Beach Pier

2002-12-16 - View into the Gulf of Mexico from Fort Myers Beach Pier

2002-12-16 - Seagull on Fort Myers Beach

2002-12-16 - Fort Myers Beach - Seagull on the shore in front of a hotel

2001-06-22 - Sanibel Causway - View towards Fort Myers - Original colors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...