Skip to main content

Pictures From Camping 1 of 2

We went camping for a long weekend in Gunnison Colorado.

We got in late Friday night, so all we did was unpack and go to sleep.
The first day was my birthday. We are suppsoed to do more of a celebration this weekend. Right next door to the Gunnison KOA where we stayed was the smallish airport. Saturday there was an airshow going on at the airport. We saw a lot of planes flying around. There were a bunch that were flying right over the campground. I got a really neat picture of a biplane flying right overhead. Just at the moment I clicked the picture, I noticed the sun glaring in the camera. When I checked the picture, the sun glare made it a really neat picture, with a little rainbow glare in the picture.
Select the picture to see all the pictures from the first two days. You can see larger versions of all the pictures by selecting the pictures on the photo blog.


Sunday we went rafting. We took a 'mild' rafting trip, level 1 and 2, so all of us could go. My little guys actually fell asleep the last 15 minutes of the trip. Rafting down the Gunnison has a lot of great vistas. As we were only going on level 1 and 2, I took a chance and brought my digital camera on the raft. At first I had it in a plastic bag. But I grew brave very quickly, and had it out for most of the trip. On the rare cases it looked like I was going to get splashed, I would slide the camera around to my side and protect it with my arm. Through some of the bigger rapids, I put it in it's case, but didn't worry about putting it in the plastic bag.


More pictures in the next entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...