Skip to main content

Pictures: Scenery Around the Scar

A bunch of pictures I took, hiking up from Glen Eryie, up the boulder (scree) field onto the Scar.


Scar: Eroded rocks, trees and view of mountains

Scar: Facinating erosion patterns

Scar: In case you weren't sure it was a quary - some of the rocks still have drill holes

Scar: Closeup on rocks - Emphasis on rock breaking up in bands

Scar: Looking down boulder field. Turns out that these boulders are scree - discards from the old scar quary

Scenery - Glen Eyrie-Scar: I was facinated by the way the clouds mirrored the ridgeline

I have used about all my good pictures from my laptop hard drive on my blog. I will have to start either taking more pictures or going into my archives (or both!). I have a bunch of pictures I took walking around Denver Tech Center backed up on CD, so you may be seeing those soon!
I am also thinking of starting another side-blog, for pictures related to robotics, and not posting them on my main blog like these pictures.

Comments

Keith Horowitz said…
Nope, no arches - just natural terrain - or as natural as you get alongside a quarry! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...