Skip to main content

Sunday - Almost Spring

Had to take my big guy to a Jewish-youth group activity this afternoon. Went down to the skating place. They said - we don't know about that activity. Could it be at our other location [5 minutes back they way we came]? They called - it was. I didn't even know they had a second location. It is laid out almost identically.
They play the music very loud at both places. Too loud for my little guys. My big guy asked what they called it - I said slow-ear-drum-damaging level.

I took the little guys out for some geocaching. I didn't have all my notes with me - but I did have a lot loaded into my GPS. The first one I couldn't find - but as it was just a fake coordinate for a puzzle cache, it is not suprising we couldn't find it. I had my laptop along with a number of the geocache sites pre-loaded on my drive. So I was able to find another couple to try right nearby. We parked near a dog-run, and headed for a micro first. I don't like this smallest size geocache very much, as they can be really, really hard to find. But this one was rated the easist - and it was easy! I went up to the tree my GPS pointed at, and circled it once - there was nothing promising. Then I looked at the tree right next to the first one. I noticed a noce size stone that just looked placed. I bent down, and flipped up the rock, and there it was! :) Signed the log and put it back.
Then the three of us headed up the hill to a small cache. I was hoping to be able to let the kids do a little trading, and hand off a travelbug I got in Denver. We got to the top, and the GPS pointed donw some rocks. I looked in some cracks and crevaces. The GPS was now pointing back up. So we sent up. Then down a crack. The back around. Then back up. I even scaled some rocks, about 10 feet up on one side. No luck. After abotu 15 minutes, I gave up. I promised the boys some time on the nearby playground before we had to pick up the big boy.

The weather was wild today. When we left to go to the skating rink, it was snowing, just a bit slushy. There was also a very loud thunderclap just before we left. A snow-thunderstorm. Unusual, but certainly not uncommon I'd heard. Considering it was slushy, I wondered aloud if it was rain downtown. As we got closer to downtown, I was proven wrong. It was sunny. When I was geocaching with the 2 younger boys, we left our jackets in the car. It was still a bit cool, but the sun was warm. As we went over to the playground, it got windy, cloudy and really cool. Then we stopped by my wife's job on the way back home. We were talking about summer camps with another family we do a lot of stuff with. We left ot head home about 5pm. As we got home, it started hailing, with some thunder and lightning. Small, slushy hail. It kept going until there was more than a 1/4" coating the ground. It stiched to snow, then stopped. I wonder if it will be sunny and clear tomorrow morning - or a snow day. Either way, I bet it is sunny, warm and clear by the afternoon.

Comments

Hi Keith, long time no read :)

Would pls elaborate on the geocache thing? I dun get it...

That's one thing about Colorado that I don't miss. The extremely unpredictable weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...