Skip to main content

Job Situation

From the interview I had Monday, I was told to expect a call from the section head on the East coast yesterday or today. I did not get the call yesterday.

At work Yesterday I got an email that today they had a team-building outing planned. A number of the groups were going to see the movie National Treasure. I had just see the movie this past weekend. Also I wasn't sure of the value of going on a team-building outing with only 3 days left on the job.

I was still undecided as the day went on. It was getting close to time to decide when the phone rang. It was the section head from the interview. He talked to me for about 10 minutes. Overall I thought it went well.

I figured I had enough time to make it to the movie, and I decided that I was in the mood for popcorn. I also was losing concentration on the project I was trying to finish up, so I thought the movie would be a good break. I'd have to pay for the movie, but the company should pay for my time as if I worked.

I thought the movie was a little hokey the first time. But it was still pretty fun to watch the second time. The movie was about 3/4 done when my cell phone rang. I went outside and called back. It was the recruiter from the interview.

It seems she had tried to reach me since about 1/2 hour after the phone interview. She told me that the company offered me the job.

I was pretty happy. It was a big stress relief. Yeah, it isn't an exciting job. It is a cut in pay. It is odd hours. But it is close. There is no off-hours on-call. And it would be the shortest time out of work since I've moved to Colorado: 3 weeks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Three weeks - that's nice. Congrats on the quick job find!

Anna Banana
Keith Horowitz said…
Thanks!
It does!
http://kah731.blogspot.com/atom.xml
I put a link with the feed at the XML icon with a label of 'Feed'.
Keith

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...