Skip to main content

Day Trip to Boulder

My in-laws were in town the weekend before last. We planned a day-trip with them up to Boulder on Saturday.

First stop was the butterfly pavillion


Butterfly - on a branch

Butterfly - Looking up

Butterfly - Eating

Butterfly - On a leaf


After we went to see about the Celestial Seasonings Tour. But it was pretty much filled up. So we decided to go back later.

We drove by a museum of the Old West. There were a bunch of old cars parked in the lot. We headed over for Mexican food. Yum!
As we were finishing up lunch, these old cars started streaming in. The jus kept coming and coming. There must have been 30 or 40 of them. They were coming into have lunch at the mexian resturant we were leaving! Turns out there were a Model-A club.

Model A Club

Model A Club #2


The we went to the Museum of the Old West. Free admission! :) I got a few pictures before the enter-person came up and told me no pictures were allowed.


Museum in Boulder

Museum in Boulder - Outside


Then we went to the Celestial Seasonings Teac Factory Tour. Unluckily it was a cleaning day, so the line was not in action. But it meant no hair nets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody Blogrolling Me?

Accoriding to wholinkstome there are a bunch of links to me. I know only some people use blogrolling, and I've seen other people have me in their lists of linked blogs. I have 30+ people in my blogrolling list on the side ---> But wholinestome shows that nobody appears to be linking to here. Should I care? Should I remind others to blogroll me? (Feels like begging or nagging.) Should I delete the ones I blogroll who use blogroll and don't blogroll me? (Seems petty.) Should I assume something is wrong with wholinksme? (I've peaked at a couple sites, I'm not there, do I need to do a full inventory?) Should I assume something is wrong with blogroll for my site, and people just can't add me for some reason? (Could it be that simple?) Maybe it is because I haven't done '100 things' yet. :) What would you do? :)

Death in the Family

My father passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had Alzheimers for a number of years. I keep explaining to everyone who expects me to be devastated that I've already done a bunch of mourning. I know the service on Friday will be sad and emotional, but so far I haven't cried. I last saw him this past summer. I am sure he recognized me, but he was already showing that he didn't know who I was. So in my mind, I started to say goodbye then. When I went to my uncle's funeral a few months ago, and saw much cousins speaking about their father, I realized that I would be in that same spot in not too long. Sometimes with Alzheimers, the person's body stay much longer after their mind has gone. My dad was just at that point of slipping both complete beyond who he was and beyond the point of living comfortably. He was no longer happy. So it was a very good time for him to have his final rest. I was glad my sister was able to be with him to the end. His lung ...

I Voted, Colorado

Voting is different here in Colorado than it was back on the East Coast. In New Jersey, and I remember it was the same basic things when my parents voted in New York, the voting was in a mechanical voting booth. You would go to a desk and sign the big book. The would give you a sheet of paper. You would take the paper over to a voting machine. An assistant would take the paper and put it somewhere on the side of the machine. You would pull a big mechanical handle that would close the curtain behind you. Then you would flip the levers to indicate your vote. After, you would push the big handle, which would record your vote, reset the levers and open the curtain. Here in Colorado, the beginning of the process is the same. You wait on line and sign the big book. I went with my wife, as she dropped her car off for service. At first she was going to vote before she dropped off her car. But she called me to tell me the line was an hour long. After I picked her up at the shop,...